Virtue of the Week: Humor

God’s Sense of Humor On the first day, God created the dog and said, “Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this I will give you a life span of twenty years.” The dog said, “That’s a long time to be barking. […]

Virtue of the Week: Humor

God’s Sense of Humor On the first day, God created the dog and said, “Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this I will give you a life span of twenty years.” The dog said, “That’s a long time to be barking. […]

Virtue of the Week: Humor

Richard Bernard “Red” Skelton (July 18, 1913 – September 17, 1997) was an American entertainer best known for his national radio and television acts between 1937 and 1971 and as host of the television program The Red Skelton Show. Skelton began developing his comedic and pantomime skills from the age of 10, when he became […]

Virtue of the Week: Humor

Friends, Humor is the ability to laugh at ourselves – to brighten any situation or conversation by finding the light, quirky dimensions. Humor helps us to forgive or to admit our own errors. It diffuses conflict. It makes hard times less heavy. When we cultivate humor as a virtue, we are letting go of other […]

HUMOR AT WORK

According to a Robert Haft International 1985 survey only 15% of workers are fired because of lack of competence. The remaining 85% are let go because of their inability to get along with fellow employees. When asked about the qualities of an effective employee, senior administrators and human relations personnel often check humor as the […]